Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Organizing for Hurricane Sandy Relief


You might not know that before I started Urban Simplicity, I worked in politics for many years. I worked everywhere from New York City Hall to The White House and several places in between. 

Needless to say, I maintain many contacts with folks down at Mayor Mike Bloomberg’s office, so when they reached out to me for some organizational assistance last month, I was intrigued…

Turns out that One King’s Lane had donated a warehouse full of home goods to the Mayor's Office with the idea that somehow victims of Hurricane Sandy could benefit. The Mayor’s Fund to Advance New York City decided to host a tag sale of the items with all the proceeds going into a fund for Hurricane Sandy victims.

Enter a team of professional organizers to take a mixed up warehouse from complete disarray to perfectly sorted in just two and a half days. This is definitely one of the coolest projects I’ve been involved with recently. It was an honor to lead a team of 12 organizers on this project.

Check out these before and after photos to give you a better sense of the insanity we tackled. 




And the after...






No comments:

Post a Comment