Wednesday, January 23, 2013

New Use for Pretty Gift Boxes


I’ve diagnosed many a client with pretty packaging syndrome. It’s the compulsion to hold onto empty boxes, long after the original purchase, because they like the way the packaging looks.

I’ll admit; I can’t always fault them. These days, boxes and packaging can be even prettier than the contents.

But stop the presses! I’ve come up with a solution! Use all those pretty little boxes to organize in drawers. They are perfect for wrangling:

  • Cosmetics in your bathroom vanity
  • Jewelry in shallow bureau drawers
  • Buttons and sewing supplies
  • Office supplies, like paperclips and rubber bands in a desk drawer
  • Odds and ends, like batteries and matches, in a “junk drawer”

Not to mention they are a perfect cheap alternative to traditional drawer organizers.

Check it out...





3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the inspiration! I have a few former gift boxes holding things out in the open, but I have a few drawers that could stand to be more organized.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty boxes, what's not to love? I have been guilty of using them on top of my office desk to corral things. But, for sure, we need to use them; they are a little bit of joy on a difficult day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, even drawers need a touch of pretty!!

    ReplyDelete