All that, plus a busy schedule organizing clients, means I need to be a pro at staying organized. So, this week, I’m sharing my top eight travel tips with you.
1. As soon as a trip is booked, label a file folder with the name and dates of your upcoming travel. Add flight information, hotel information, and any other trip details.
2. Schedule time on your calendar, about one week before your trip, to organize your trip file and take care of last minute planning. Depending on the length of your trip, block out about an hour of time.
3. Scan your family’s passports, drivers’ licenses, car insurance, and credit card information. Send them to your web-based email account so you can access them from anywhere in case they’re lost.
4. Email your itinerary and contact information to a friend or family member so someone knows where you are at all times.
5. Copy pages from travel books with interesting information. Don’t carry the whole book. They take up too much space and are way too heavy.
6. Gather items a few days ahead of your trip and put them in your travel staging area. Packing items in advance will take the stress out of packing.
7. Store your travel items in your suitcase, if you’re limited on space and don’t travel regularly. This will keep everything in one place.
8. Unpack right away when you return from a trip, no matter how late it is or how tired you are. Otherwise, you end up living out of a suitcase for a week.
Safe travels! Where are you heading for Memorial Day weekend?