Thursday, May 24, 2012

My Organizing Obsession: CardMunch

Today I was raving about CardMunch, and I was shocked that my friend hadn’t heard about this app. I thought I was the last one to the party, but oh no! So, read on if you’re drowning in business cards.


Powered by LinkedIn, CardMunch is simple. After you download the free app, take a photo with your phone of any business card you collect. Real humans (yes, seriously) transcribe the card, and then it’s uploaded into your phone.

Next, decide if you want to save the contact to your iPhone contacts list. I don’t like to clutter up my contacts, so I usually just access the contact information through the CardMunch app on my phone. The other awesome thing is that you can immediately connect with the person on LinkedIn, if you’re into that. And I am.

Only drawback:  CardMunch is only available on the iPhone, but, never fear, they are launching on the Blackberry and Android phones soon.

7 comments:

  1. Amazing! I will have to try it - thanks for the tip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for this information. Never heard of it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so glad you guys will check it out. It's been a huge help for me and my clients! Thanks for reading along!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very interesting! I used to enter business cards in my contacts, but found it wasn't worth the time in most cases, so now I just keep them in a book (when it gets full, I toss the oldest ones). This sounds like a much more practical solution!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Janet - Glad to hear it might work for you! And thanks for checking out my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am glad to hear that it will be launching on the android soon. That was a bummer when I switched phones. I found an alternative called Yolu Card, but I like that cardmunch is connected with my LinkedIn stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's a great app, so I hope you have some luck with it!

    ReplyDelete