Friday, April 6, 2012

Best. Conference. Ever.

Okay, so it was only my second, but the Annual National Association of Professional Organizers’ Conference in Baltimore was a smashing success. I’m a week tardy blogging about it, because I’ve been busy organizing clients. But I’ve also been working my way through all the amazing information and product samples I scored so I can share some highlights with you.

First, I’ll share two products that were all the rage at conference. And keep reading to hear my best conference story ever. Swear.


Pliio
Finally, here’s the answer to all your folding woes. Designed by Clare Kumar an organizer from Canada, Pliio officially launched on HSN during conference and sold out immediately, creating some serious buzz. The video explains is all…


  • Coolest Feature – It’s just so easy to use.
  • Why Use It to Organize? – With Pliio, you can “file” your folded shirts vertically so you can see everything you own.
  • Bright Idea – Use it for travel as a major suitcase space saver.


NeatFreak’s Closet Organization Systems

I often work with clients that don’t own their apartments and are hesitant to invest in expensive, custom build outs. Insert closetMAX and neatKids. These products are sturdy, high quality, and affordable. NeatFreak’s systems are available at Macy’s, Organize.com, and Kohl’s.
  • Coolest Feature – Double hang without construction. Need I say more?
  • Why Use It to Organize? – Because you know your closet could always use some help.
  • Bright Ideas – Don’t spend big bucks building out kid-friendly closets they’re going to outgrow in several years anyway.


Best Conference Story Ever
Me, "Pinned" at 
conference. Also cool.
After the closing keynote address where a motivational speaker juggled some crazy knives on a unicycle (I’m not kidding), the NAPO bosses announced that one lucky winner would receive a conference registration for 2013 in New Orleans. The drawing was held, and I did not win.

When suddenly, they announced a surprise. Everyone in the crowd was told to check under their chair and if they found a Mardi Gras mask, they would also receive a 2013 conference registration. Sure enough, I reached under my chair and pulled up the mask. Amazing! I sprinted to the front of the room waving my mask. 

So you can bet I’ll be blogging about the New Orleans conference next April.  I’m already looking forward to it!  

Disclosure: Urban Simplicity was not compensated for this post.  All opinions expressed are my own.

6 comments:

  1. Ha! Ha! NAPO bosses? Congrats on your 2013 conference registration prize, Korinne!

    Glad you had a blast and I'll see you next year in NOLA!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! I was trying to find a succinct way to describe them... I'll definitely see you in NOLA!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on the win - what a lovely way to finish off what sounds like an awesome conference.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Janet! Appreciate you checking out my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great product reviews, Korinne! Clare's Pliio is wonderful. I love the idea of not just filing papers, but also clothes. Congrats also on winning conference registration to 2013 NAPO in New Orleans.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Linda! Thanks for checking out my blog! See you in NOLA! :)

    ReplyDelete