Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Wedding Season Chaos

We’re heading down to the islands this week to celebrate our one-year wedding anniversary, and I couldn’t be more excited. I haven’t had a real vacation since I officially launched Urban Simplicity in January, so I’m looking forward to a much- needed break. 

As I prepped for the trip, I considered giving you tips related to stress free travel, but this week I have something else on my mind…

Our save the date

My husband is going to kill me for including this...

Another photo from the reception

It’s officially wedding season! And just last week, I had two meetings with brides-to-be. I met with a fabulous nutrition coach, Sarah Jenks with The Breathtaking Bride. As we chatted about ways we could possibly work together, I had a flashback to the chaos a wedding brings. Later that week, I reconnected with a lovely friend who is getting married next May. She is a busy and successful attorney, which got me to remembering how hard it is to organize a wedding while working full-time (plus). 

I’m not talking about picking out flowers and favors. I’m talking about the life chaos. You know, the influx of registry items and other gifts into your home, the merging of two households, the rapidly growing To Do list, and the general chaos that accompanies change. 

So this week, I want to send a big congratulations to all those brides-to-be out there.  I survived planning a destination wedding for over 70 guests (in a four month time frame, no less), so I definitely know what you’re going through.  Now with one year of marriage under my belt, I want to remind you to enjoy every minute of your engagement and wedding planning.

Tracking your wedding gifts
Check out this case study about my work with a couple engaged to be married. Scroll down to the "Life" section on the web page. I’m betting you’ll identify with their struggles!

Now, I’m headed out to enjoy one of the best perks of marriage – the anniversary trip!  Don’t worry, I’ll drink a rum punch for you.

2 comments:

  1. Yeah - I love seeing the photos! have a great anniversary trip

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Miranda! We had a long winter on the east coast, so looking forward to some sun!

    ReplyDelete