Sorry, folks, this is not a review for Reese Witherspoon’s latest movie. For the record, I didn’t see it, but a combo of Reese, Paul Rudd, and Jack Nicholson can’t be all bad, right? But I digress.
This week I want to explore a question I hear regularly –
How do you know if a professional organizer can help you?
So, to jump right in, here is some food for thought…
- Do you have a list of projects to complete but no idea where to start?
- Do you feel like you don’t have enough time to get everything done?
- Are you so overworked that organizing your personal life is neglected?
- Do you have difficulty making decisions about what to keep and what to let go?
- Do you prefer to work with someone else to help you avoid procrastination and to provide direction?
To be clear, I did just answer the original question with a series of questions. I know, could I be more creative? Well, the answer is no, because the only way to determine if a professional organizer can help you is to ask yourself some tough questions to get to the heart of the matter as Don Henley (a fellow Texan) might say.
Of course, I’d like to think, when you know, you know, but that’s not always the case. People often think that everyone feels as overwhelmed as they do.
Bottom line: It’s important to do some inside searching (see questions above) and to get some outside perspective (see Urban Simplicity) if you’re even questioning whether or not you’re living the most efficient life possible. A solution and peace of mind could be right around the corner.